A Bachelors, Science or Education degree in a mental health-related field (an academic program with a curriculum content in which at least seventy percent of the required courses for the major field of study are based upon the core mental health disciplines) and experience in applied intervention strategies/methods designed to address behavioral, emotional and mental disorders, as a part of, or in addition to the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Provide Strength-based, solution-focused supportive therapeutic services in the community and facility.
- Provide Crisis Prevention Intervention services as needed according to facilities policies, procedures, and service definitions.
- Be knowledgeable of your residents including their strengths, diagnosis, treatment goals, and treatment plan.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with all facility departments, care plan meetings, and natural supports as needed.
- Communicate resident’s status on a regular basis, to relevant professionals including, but not limited to changes in mood or functioning, medical issues, and all crisis and health and safety issues.
- Be knowledgeable of and adept at producing effective, clinical documentation of every contact with residents.
- Turning in notes on time according to policy. Document all “no shows,” and communicate all difficulties with residents to LPHA/LCPC.
- Attend all in-service training.
- Document services provided regularly, concisely, and completely in accordance with clinical standards by assessment and care plan deadlines.
- Responsible for handing RSA ADL cards To RSA/MHP on the shift
- Complete assignment cards- check to see if any resident’s belongings need to be packed.
- Assigned follow-up as needed.
- Any floaters need to be assigned an hour to do Relias. Any RSA who has not completed Relias Cover their floor with the floater.
- Ensure that any resident that has been petitioned to the hospital has their belongings packed.
- Make rounds on floors ensuring RSA’s are on floors and completing their assigned duties.
- Call Administrator for any incidents or that requires instructions on the next step for ensuring resident safety.
- Report and document any unusual behavior or occurrence on the shift.
- Follow all Safety Rules
- responsible for knowing, understanding, and following established policies and procedures of Grasmere.